Friday 27 July 2012

Friday "Fun" Day!

Heading up 'north' to visit a friend this weekend! I am really looking forward to getting to 'the city'!    Its nice to get to enjoy all the amenities that the country doesn't offer-- and then know you can leave the chaos whenever you feel like it!! :o)    It will be a bit of a different kind of trip- since I will be on a tighter budget than normal - band induced budgeting (not that I really NEED to buy anything anyway!)

Got up with ambition today to clean up the house-- I have been putting this off all week (lazy lazy!!)  And in the last hour I have pretty much got everything cleaned-- if only I hadn't put it off so long! silly silly me!!

I haven't been out to see the Horse all week- feeling the guilt of being a bad horse Mom---  won't  be out until Tuesday morning -- but I know she really doesn't care- she is just hanging with the herd living the good life-- perhaps missing her fly spray- but even that I am sure she doesn't notice that I am not there!  But still-- I feel a bit guilty!

I am really torn these days about my eating habits-- one side of my brain says-- just eat sensibly --- the other one says-- HEY YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL SEPTEMBER TO EAT EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! -- this is the voice I am really trying to ignore!!  But it seems to be the louder of the two!!  I will have to see how it goes this weekend-- sushi is on the menu-- haven't had that in ages-- can't wait!! :o)

I am still struggling with keeping my secret (the Band Date)  I am determined not to let the cat out of the bag until after the surgery-- but I am getting so darn excited that it really is hard not to say anything- But I am grateful that my Mom and Dad are on board-- my Mom even is treating me to the hotel stay before and after the surgery (I live about 4 hours away from the clinic- so they suggest staying overnight at least  'just in case')  She chose a nice hotel right by the lake- that has nice walking paths and cute little shops right by-- hopefully I get to enjoy them!     I haven't even mentioned it to my brother or sister-in law- but they are expecting their first baby in just weeks now- so I figure they have enough stuff on their minds!  And I know exactly what my brother would say-- or maybe I  don't! Even my father surprised me with his support!


Anyway-- I still have some cleaning to get done!   On to that.....

1 comment:

  1. Try to avoid the last supper mentality but I admit it's hard. Remind yourself that nothing is truly off limits once you're done recuperating. You'll eat those foods again.

    ReplyDelete