Tuesday 14 August 2012

A Month of Last Dinners...and the results....

Well what a month it has been!  (and not in a really great way!)

It seems that after my visit with Dr C. I gave myself permission to jump off the deep end and eat whatever I wanted-- and boy did I!!   I have come back to earth and reality after a camping weekend with friends I haven't seen in over a year- and of course they didn't say anything about my weight- but I just felt like a blob! Not myself at all--and SO out of shape-- we did a hike and I was thanking the rain gods that the rocks were still wet -- I was able to use this as an excuse to move at a snail's pace!! 

Got home Sunday night-- and decided enough is enough!  I wasn't making myself happy by being lazy (hadn't gone for a walk in at leaset a week- not counting the hike) Took all the camping food that I had left over and promptly threw out all the bad stuff-- good by jujubes-- good buy gummy worms! So long chocolate chip cookies!!   and for good measure I put a good dose of dish soap on top of them all-- just in case!!  

Yesterday was a good day-  ate well, took the dog for walk- almost turned around 5minutes in- its amazing what a month of little physical activity can do to your body-- sad really!  But pushed through the first ten minutes of being uncomfortable-- and we had a nice long 45 minute walk- not fast-- but I ended up with a good sweat on by the end!!

I have been talking to my friend K, she and her husband had lap band surgery over a year ago. She has been very supportive- sent me a couple of e-mails of tips for pre-op diet as well as for after the surgery and things that helped her out-- I am so grateful for her!! 

Oh and the big news---->   I weighed myself this morning..... dah-dah-daaahhh!!

I have been avoiding the scale since I went over the deep end-- and I always have an uncanny way of just knowing somehow how much I weigh and if I have gained or lost-- and I just knew that I had gained close to 10lbs-- and guess what--- You have a winner-- I have-- so here is the first time that I am going to state my weight on my blog-- I figure I need to start being accountable for my actions and writing it down is defini8tly a way to do that! so drum roll please........

My Stats---
Age: 28
Heightt: 5'7"
Weight as of August 14, 2012----> 270lbs  


Well-- there it is-- in black and white-- the highest weight I have ever been!   Not quite the milestones that I was hoping to be hitting at my age-- or any age at that matter!

HOWEVER, I am determined to be positive-- I am making changes-- and good choices this moment forward-- and I am bound and determined to get the "All or nothing"  mentality out of my brain-- every little choice I make that is a positive one that moves me closer to being healthy is a mini-victory. If I make one bad choice-- I will regroup and the next decisions I will look at it as another step towards victory!

I have been trying to set some goals and get my reasons for having lap band surgery firmly in my brain (something that the weight loss clinic encourages you to do before surgery-- so that during those moments of self doubt after surgery -- you can look back and remember why you wanted to change!)  I will share those after I have really gotten them straight in my head!


Happy Tuesday to all---

till next time! One small victory at a time!!

:o)

10 comments:

  1. It's great that you are making changes already. The best thing I did was practising the bandster rules before I was a bandster, eating slow, not drinking while eating, thinking about the food choices I was making.

    I believe the better your mindset before surgery the better you will do after. Please let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting myself into portioning- one day at a time-- ! Thanks for your encouragement! :o)

      Delete
  2. Girl, I did the EXACT same thing!!! Except I gained more lol I felt like I had to eat everything I "couldn't" eat after surgery. Then one day I said "enough is enough!!" and I did good and did GREAT on my pre-op diet! It's liberating to put your stats out there. It feels like you aren't hiding any more. The day I admitted publicly that I was "fat" was an amazing day for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is scaring me is what my family doc is going to say to be when she does my pre op exam in a few weeks!! (she is a bit skeptical about the whole lap band thing-- ) And yes-- the numbers being 'out there' has been very liberating-- :o)

      Delete
  3. Yes! It is the small decisions...one choice at a time that gets us to our ultimate goal. Not to be trite, but it truly is a lifestyle change...it's not that you'll NEVER have jujubes again...it's that you won't have them as often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing this now. When I was your age(3 years ago), I wanted to get the Lap Band. Back then I didn't have insurance to cover it, so it was out of the question. What did 3 years do? I was about 270 back then, and my starting weight this year was 291. Never in my life did I think I would ever get that big. I am so excited to watch your journey, as you won't be too far "behind" me in mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and sharing your support-- I really appreciate it!!

      Delete
  5. Your stats are almost identical to mine when I had surgery...you are an inch taller than me though! LOL. Best of Luck to you on your new "journey"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And look at you now!! So inspiring!! :o)

      Delete