Wednesday 12 September 2012

OOOh how I LOOOVE extra short weeks!!!

OOOh how I LOOOVE extra short weeks!!! (YEAH!)

I am officially off for a long 4 day weekend at 330pm this afternoon!!

I am heading down to "the city" to visit my friends!  I lived and worked in 
the city (GTA ish area) for about 5 years- about 3 years ago I moved back to
"the country"  and by doing so I realized that visiting the city is much
nicer than living there!

I have been waiting for this getaway all summer!  And to top is off I am going
to see the Motley Crue/KISS concert tomorrow night!! YEAH! this will be my
first official rock concert! VERY excited!! 

I have also decided that I NEED a hair cut-- you know when you just get to the point
that you are tempted to start cutting your own hair-- I am at THAT point!
You see-- I had a wonderful- AMAZING hair dresser (Jonathan) down in the city... and for the first year I kept going down to see him (making the 4 hour trek...) and was very happy
but then he got his restate license-- I was making fewer trips-- and well I haven't
seen him in at least 8 months. And in those 8 months I have had some pretty AWFUL hair
cuts-  or just boring hair cuts-- a disaster incident with bleach blond streaks
(WHAT was I thinking!) so... I am a little bit leery of 'local' hair cutters-- because
all of them came with high recommendations from my friends/colleagues-- I have come to
the conclusion that I am pretty darn picky when it comes to my hair.  Maybe it is because I had been spoiled in the past by Jonathan- I could literally sit down his hair and say- make me beautiful- and that is what he did-- "sigh"  I miss my Jonathan...  ANYWAY-- I am jumping off the deep end and choosing a random hair salon from one of the malls close to my friends house-- I will have to let you know how that goes!!

I have just over a week before I start my pre-op diet-- I am actually looking forward to it- i know Know, I have heard the horror stories of the pre-op diet- but I guess I am looking at it as the true beginning of my journey!

Its is a really weird feeling to be so excited about something- but not being able to tell anyone!  I keep thinking that I need to tell my boss, but the reality is that I am part-time, I am entitled to vacation and (knock on wood) as long as nothing unexpected happens after my surgery I should be fully able to go back to my job without really having to tell her.  I figure I will cross that bridge when I get to it. 

I still have moments of -- OMG what am I doing-- but these moments are more fleeting thoughts, unlike before when it was a sinking feeling followed by a tinge of guilt.

There have been a lot of TV shows on recently about weight loss, and weight loss surgery which have given me a chance to focus on the why am I doing this, and the reasons that I over eat - I feel like I have really got most of these things straight in my brain-  I have been trying to really ask myself why I am eating every time I feel like I NEED to eat- I cannot wait to have my band as extra re-enforcement of the I am NOT hungry! 



Anyway- I suppose I should get to work--
  till next time---






No comments:

Post a Comment