Friday 31 August 2012

A day late-- TTT

Friday!  

So I have been trying to get myself out of the house for about the last hour-- but I have been sucked into the Internet world- so I figure if I write something here and get whatever I need out of my brain it might be easier to get myself going!!

This will be my first Ten Things Thursday--- on Friday--  I will have to look again and see who started this brilliant idea-- it most certainly was not me!

1.  My house is a disaster-- it is messy disorganised and currently covered with dog hair (this week I have officially entered into shedding season!)  Plan on having a major cleaning/organising blitz this weekend-- I know I know, exciting long weekend plans- but right now I feel like I am living in chaos and chaos in one part of my life tends to bleed into other parts-- I don't like chaos!

A picture of the shedding monster!!

2.  My new neighbours across the road have been doing major land excavation and renovations for the last month--  good and bad--  it was kinda trashy over there and they have now cleaned it up and put up some nice cedar hedges- the bad is that they start with the big machines every day at 7am-- which is fine if I am working a Day shift-- if I hear the machinery i know I need to get my butt in gear because I  am late! But on days when I worked until midnight the night before-- I would love to have an hour extra sleep-- oh well-- how long can the renovations really go on? :o/

3.  I am officially an Auntie! (first time!)  I cant believe I waited to put this as three on the list!   My brother and his wife had a beautiful baby boy on Wednesday evening!  We had figured that they would never have kids, as they stated this a few times over!   So everyone is very happy- they should be coming home tonight-  As mentioned I have not met the little man yet, I am still feeling a but sick-ish and have a sore throat so I am staying away until I am 100% better!!

4.  I can't wait until summer is over (I know- what a horrible statement) I just cant handle the heat and humidity and I cannot wait to get into jeans and sweaters--  I am sooo done with shorts!

5.  This is harder than it looks--

6.  I ordered a few sugar free flavor syrups to hopefully make my pre-op and post op diet a little bit more interesting!  They should be coming today-- how I love getting mail!!

7.   I have found a Zumba class that starts next Wednesday--  $5 a class for drop ins-- not bad-- there is another one that runs  Tuesdays and Wednesday as well-- but its a but more expensive-- figure I will go this week for the first time..... so how I like it....

8.  Related to the one before-- since moving back to "the country" I have been finding is difficult to get this exercise thing going as a routine-- I think I miss all the gym glasses I used to be able to go to in the city gyms (we have NO gym here where I live-- not even a curves or anything!)  we have a very small gym at work-- but it is in the bowels of the building and kinda lonely to be down there!

9.  I am really hoping that once I start losing weight I will be able to slowly start running- I have never truly been a runner, but before my accident I had played around with C25K and I figure I could really love running-- but since I had my accident (and gained some weight)  My back just isn't agreeable to running-- small steps..... something to maybe look forward to!

10. Did I mention its Friday-- and a 3 day weekend--  wish I had a reason to go and buy back to school supplies-- how I love the smell of new pencils and binders (yup-- I'm that person!!)


That wasnt too bad---  till next time
Did I mention I can't wait till fall!! (Pic from the fall of my accident- a couple of years ago-- my horse Nichole and puppy Kira!- a pretty pair!)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Auntie! I had someone ask me if I wanted to train for a marathon in January. I'm thinking...no. :)

    ReplyDelete