Friday 24 August 2012

being sick sucks!

There has been no truer statement than the above!  Being sick sucks!  

I have been battling a cold since- well- Tuesday- Yes I know not that long- but I have had to work through it and I work this weekend- so I have been laying on the 'get better' vibes pretty thick- really don't want to be sick this weekend!

I have been living on chicken soup, popsicles and random veggies from the garden-- and sleep- lots of sleep the last couple of days.  At the moment I am feeling better- and my dirty house is driving me crazy! Figure I might be able to muster up some energy to make my place a bit more live-able!

Getting pretty excited as my surgery date approaches- I was just looking at my calendar and it is coming quickly!  A little less than a month from now I will be starting my pre-op diet- pretty crazy!  Oh and I have been having fun making up my mind as to what my goal rewards are going to be! I know one will be that tattoo that I have been wanting for awhile- just not sure where to put it on my list! Once I have it finalized I will be posting them here--


Guess I didn't post my weigh in for last Monday (nothing to exciting to report really!)  Guess I should catch up on that!



My Stats---
Age: 28
Height: 5'7"
Weight as of August 14, 2012----> 270lbs
Weight as of August  20, 2012 ---> 269.5lbs   (hey at least its a loss right?!)


I haven't exactly been following what my post op diet will be- but will try and get on track as I get feeling better!     

Sorry about this post- I realise that it is a tad on the boring side!  But I just felt like writing!  :o)

I love coming onto blogger and catching up on what everyone is up to- it gives me such inspiration!  I love how I am able to get in touch with people who are in all stages of this amazing journey!  Those that are at their goal weight and maintain, those that have just had surgery and are going through their adjustment stages- and those like me who are heading into just the beginning of this fantastic journey!  Keeps me excited! (especially since I have not been able to tell a lot of people at the moment about my decision!)



This past weekend was a good one- went fishing with my friend S and her family- a nice mid day fish- therefore no fish!   It was nice- I have never felt like I have been judged out right by anyone in her family (which is nice) however, I would love to be the one who can look cute while fishing- who doesn't make the boat go crooked because too much weight in on one size-- it is so hard to enjoy a day on the lake when you are thinking of these things--  makes me feel even more determined to be successful and make the changes that I need to make!


Anyway- need to get more chicken noodle soup--  

till next time... 

2 comments:

  1. Get better soon! Good luck with your pre-op diet. Do you have to do liquids or low carb? I am doing the low carb thing, and it sucks. Probably not as bad as liquid though. But hey... can't complain of an 8 lb loss right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure how you would describe my pre-op-- I guess it would be both low carb and liquid! lol! I will be allowed 3 slim time shakes a day- that are very high in protein low carb- and then up to 250 calories worth of green leafy veggies-- no potatoes, tomatoes or other higher glycemic veggies, or dairy products or meat.. -- I am sure it will be a bit of a challenge- but it only last for 2 weeks-- I will just have to keep myself busy!! I bet you are excited about Monday!! I will have you in my thoughts!! :o)

    ReplyDelete