Monday 27 August 2012

Freaking myself out....

I just spent the last 20 minutes freaking myself out---


I found and read a blog about a very nice lady who unfortunately had to have her band out because it failed-  and she is now waiting to have the sleeve procedure.  This followed by last night me reading about another young women who had a roller coaster journey with her band and has just recently converted to the sleeve..... 

Not the rational me keeps trying to get through and say--> Look Amanda. you know that with every procedure that there is a certain percentage of "failed" cases (any surgery, not just the Lap Band)- that yes you could be one- however, you have an amazing surgeon, and support team .... and for those two stories you have read about the "failed" lap band just think of all of the successes that you have been reading about! 

The other non-rational me says-- OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!


SO.... trying to focus on the rational!    And focus on continuing my life changes before my surgery so that they are that much easier to stick to after!   

Anyway- enough reading- need to get ready for work...... 


AND totally unrelated!!

.....On a side not it has been over a week since I saw my horse-- missing that big fuzzy face for sure!  This is what work + being sick = horse deprived!!  Hopefully tomorrow! :o)

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, stories of lapband failure abound in these parts. Is the sleeve better? I don't really know because I stopped researching once I had my band placed. All you can do is get as educated as possible and make the right decision FOR YOU. Now I will say this. There are SOME people that I believe the band is NOT the best option for. My husband, for example, would've done much better with a sleeve or bypass based on his personality and eating behaviors but he was too scared of the surgery to have it done. For me, however, the band was truly the best option. Everyone's different. I'm not sure if that made you feel better or not. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment definitely makes me feel better-- as I get closer and closer to my surgery date and talk to more people who have gotten then band- the more sure of my decision -- and it is very clear to me that the band is a tool-- therefore very operator dependent! :o) Thanks again for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Thats how I felt these past couple months waiting to see if I could get approved. I have read some stories that second guess myself but like she said everyone is different. If you don't try then how would you know if it doesn't work. you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bernadette! thanks for stopping by!! I started my pre-op diet last Friday and I havent looked back since! I am truly excited about getting my band!! Cant believe that next Friday is that day! I just keep the reason why i want to do this-- because i dont want to look back ten years (or even five) and think-- man I wish I had done that earlier!!

      Delete